Monday, June 8

Feeling fictional


How many love songs
must one write
before they can be the character
in someone else tale

How many times
must my melted heart be reshaped
Before it can burn bright
with my true lovers fire

Bored of being
the fictional character
of my own dreams
and imagined happy endings

Tired of needing
an eraser
every-time i think
I'm drawing the last line

God
i know your busy
but i've got to be near
the front of the queue now.

you gave Tim and Nim a baby boy
and freed that crook from jail
all i i'm asking is for
someone who will look into my eyes and say "i do"

And I'm told if i dig deep enough
inside myself
i'l find the gold
someone else is looking for.

So don't forget me world!
i'm locking the doors,
i plan on finding in the dark
something worth loving.

Cause i'm scared that i am down
to the last match in my box
and the graveyard of burnt wicks
brings nothing but hopelessness.

upon returning i will dance
through the wildest storms
in search of one who desires
the gold that i hold.